I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY RIGHTS
- St. Louis Park Human Rights Commission 952-924-2184 www.stlouispark.org
- Minnesota Department of Human Rights (MDHR) 651-539-1100
MDHR is a neutral state agency that investigates charges of illegal discrimination, ensures that businesses seeking state contracts are in compliance with equal opportunity requirements, and strives to eliminate discrimination by educating Minnesotans about their rights and responsibilities under the state Human Rights Act.
I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY RIGHTS AS A RENTER
- HOME Line 612-728-5767
Legal Advice on leases, security deposits back, repair problems, eviction or other renter-related questions.
- Mid-Minnesota Legal Assistance / Legal Aid Society of Minneapolis 612-334-5970
Legal assistance in housing cases including evictions, repairs, Section 8, public housing, etc.
- Community Action Partnership of Suburban Hennepin (CAPSH) 952-933-9639
Tenant training classes are available to teach people what they need to know to be a successful renter. The classes offer a variety of topics including: Types of rental housing and leases, determining what you can afford, leasing with a poor credit or rental history, landlord responsibilities, tenant responsibilities and conflicts between landlords and tenants. Classes are open to the public.
- Minnesota Attorney General 651-296-6196
A landlord/tenant handbook is available.
- Community Legal Education Project 612-588-2099 www.lawhelp.mn.org
- Housing Link 612-522-2500
Search for rental property.
GOOD TO KNOW
Bring building problems to the attention of the building caretaker or manager. If the program is not corrected, call the St. Louis Park Inspections Department at 952-924-2682 about broken windows, insect infestation, lack of heat or water, electrical problems or inoperable smoke detectors.